Wednesday, May 1, 2019

A Poem's Plea

Image may contain: text 
In that invisible place between time and space, allow me to rest.
In that infinitesimal difference between the flower and its fragrance, let me linger.
In the delicate point between poetry and prose, may I pause
Between air and water in that vapour-like vicinity, allow me to live.
In that ephemeral hour between night time and daytime, may I tarry.
In that grey area between home-land and other-land, let me stay.
In that minute space between Us and Them; there, allow me to be.
At that moment of day-break which lies between a poet and his poem, let me linger.
This is not mine, but my poem’s plea.

My Translation of Liyanage Amarakeerthi's "Kaviyakata Ida" From his book of poems "Ekamath Eka Pitarataka"
 

No comments:

Post a Comment